Accomplished IT professional with 10 years of experience ranging from website design and implementation to managing and supporting over 3,000 end users. Proven ability to cut costs through power management and optimizing potentially outdated technology in order to extend its lifespan and make future purchases more money efficient. Skilled problem identifier and troubleshooter comfortable managing systems, projects, and teams in a range of IT environments.
IT Support Technician, Metropolitan School District of Martinsville
Martinsville, Indiana — 2014-Present
230 day position. Duties included providing Windows/Mac/Android/iOS administration, network troubleshooting, and providing support for any and all technological needs across three buildings and a third of the school district’s computing devices.
- Implemented successful power saving policy.
- Restored 210 laptops to use preventing unnecessary cost and recycling.
- Enabled the utilization of machines previously marked as outdated through upgrades and selective software and policy deployment.
- Maintained and provided support to 1,077 iPads, laptop, and desktop computers.
- Managed an Active Directory domain of 8000+ users and groups.
- Managed deployments via System Center Configuration Manager and Apple Configurator.
- Active member of the high school Tech Committee and provided knowledge and advice regarding major technology decisions.
- Provided support during critical 1:1 deployment preparations.
- Maintained professional relations with vendors and obtained favorable pricing for several endeavors.
Floor Supervisor, Bloom Marketing Group
Bloomington, Indiana — 2012-2014
Primarily employed as a Floor Supervisor after initially hiring in as a Licensed Insurance Agent. During off seasons, provided additional value through IT based work.
- Supervised a team between twenty and eighty individuals every shift.
- Handled specialized customer needs and followed up on quality issues.
- Provided training and support for program employees.
- Configured and installed furnishings, computers, and phones for one 90 person call center and three 30 person training call centers.
- Deployed software and operating systems via FOG.
- Assisted IT department in routine maintenance and troubleshooting.
Assistant Director of Public Safety, SIMON College Mall
Bloomington, Indiana — 2010-2012
Full time position containing the duties of a standard officer, shift supervisor, and assistant director due to limited staff during non holiday seasons.
- Team management, payroll, corporate reporting, and human resources.
- Managing liability for the property, daily reporting and paperwork, medical assistance.
- Training new public safety officers.
- Daily customer service, maintaining a professional public image.
- Creating training documentation, custom reports, etc, as necessary for improved performance.
Ivy Tech Community College
Associate Degree, Computer Science — 2006-2014
Certification, Information Technology — 2011-2013
Certification, Java Programming — 2011-2013
- System Management Software: SCCM, Server 2003/08/12/R2, FOG, Active Directory, Desktop Authority
- Database Administration: T-SQL, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/R2
- Website Development: LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PhP) Environment, WordPress/Joomla! CMS
References and Extended Job HIstory Available upon request.